All Things Lesbian Social Network Too!

Monday 5 November 2012

Interview w/ The Real L Word's Lauren Russell

What a treat we have here for you gays - an interview with the gorgeous Lauren Russell from Showtime's The Real L Word!


Check below for what she has to say about The Real L Word, her new jewelry line and of course, her girlfriend Kiyomi!


How has life changed for you since appearing on the Real L Word?

Life has changed in a lot of ways, but the biggest is how it has changed my feeling of purpose. I have been and continue to be inspired every day by the people that message me with their stories of how I've helped them come out, to be confident, one woman even said I saved her life. I would have never in a million years expected that. I think it has really shown me what impact I can have both with my actions in life and with philanthropy, and I have a very clear sense of where I want my direction in life to go now. 

The show hasn’t been picked up for season 4 yet. If it is, are you still interesting in being a part of it?

Yes, we are still waiting to hear the word about season 4. I am contractually obligated to do the show, but even if I wasn't, I would still want to do it. 

I’m assuming you’re not used to having your relationships filmed in real time. Was it weird for your relationship with Kiyomi to be so publicized?

Ha! No, not used to it at all. Yes it was a little strange for sure. Especially watching the first time we meet, etc. But it was so fun to watch for me, that overcame the weird aspect.

We understand you have your own line of jewelry. Tell us more about it. 

My jewelry line is called Lyon Fine Jewelry (www.lyonfinejewelry.com) and I started it about a year and a half ago. It started as a high end line but I also am starting to incorporate some more affordable designs. I have a line of charity bracelets too that (http://lyonfinejewelry.com/charity_bracelets.html) I am constantly adding to.

Did you always want to work in fashion? 

I always had an interest in fashion, but only about three years ago I decided to focus solely on jewelry.

Were you inspired by any other designers when designing your pieces?

No.

Do you have any other projects in the works?

The lower priced jewelry line, the expanding charity bracelet line, and always adding to the fine jewelry. Plus I am always working on custom designs for customers.
 
 

And some quick fan questions…

What is something you and Kiyomi want for your future as a couple? - @TheIslandLez, Canada

We talk about all sorts of things, but that question may be answered if there is another season. I can't really say right now! Sorry, lame answer, but true.

On a more serious note, Danielle from California asked: Do you think marriage is a possibility for Kiyomi and yourself in the future?

I think we both are very committed to each other, and we have talked about marriage yes, but not for a few years I don't think.

How do you stay in shape? Do you go to a gym? You always look great! – Grace, Brooklyn

Thank you, I do normally work out at least 5 times a week but since filming started in March of 2012 I have fallen way off the gym wagon due to lack of time!! I eat pretty healthfully, most of the time. I try to always focus on what are good healthy things TO eat, instead of obsessing about cutting out things that are bad for you.


Fun interview, right? Lauren gave some great answers!

What did you think of what she had to say? Comment below and let us know!

To follow Lauren on Twitter, click HERE.

To check out her absolutely beautiful jewelry line, go to http://lyonfinejewelry.com/.

No comments: