All Things Lesbian Social Network Too!

Monday 30 March 2009

Oranges Aren't The Only Fruit

In the past, I've blogged about the more homophobic goings on at my college. However, for once, I have some positive to write about on the gay front.

I was casually strolling past the DVD section in our college library (I was actually about to leave) when what should I see but the movie version of Jeanette Winsterson's Oranges Aren't The Only Fruit.

'Oranges' follows a lesbian girl and her partner who is adopted into a religious family. Obviously, the fact that this DVD even existed in such a close proximity to my own home (clearly ignoring my personal DVD collection) surprised me because in a small town like ours, most people have very old-fashioned views on homosexuals.

The fact that the movie was there for everyone to see - it wasn't pushed to the back, gathering dust, it was actually on the front row! - put a smile on my face and simply inspired me to write this blog.

So whoever put it there or suggested it should be available for rent in a public library, I salute you.

P.s. Since when could you take out DVDs in a library? Surely that is what Blockbuster is for...

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I'll look for this movie. I know some site when I can download it?
thanks for the post!